People who are arrogant usually believe they are better than others. You can take it as a sign of insecurity. They speak out of turn, their problems are worse than yours. They have a need for attention. They need to brag; to show off. You can be arrogant and not even realize it or know it. It can put people off. Arrogant people are usually doing a lot of talking and not a lot of doing. Here are a few tips on how recognize the signs of someone who is arrogant. Even if it is you.
1. Do you interrupt others when they are speaking? Most people who display arrogance monopolize conversations because they just aren’t interested in what others have to say. They need to speak to hear themselves because what they need to say is a lot more significant and important than what you need to say.
2. Do you brag about how much you spend on shoes or a dress or shirt or suit? Do you pull out your wallet and handle your money and count it in front of people so others can see?
3. When others are speaking, do you wait until they are finished or do you interrupt them and begin talking as if they did not exist?
4. Do you constantly talk about your problems? Arrogant people always have some urgency that needs immediate assistance. They speak for the sense of sensationalism and are always playing the victim.
5. Do you always compare every situation with something you experienced? Does every circumstance someone went through have to be measured to what you have been through? People like this need attention and need to have a spotlight on them while they take the floor — and most people around them notice.
6. Arrogant people will often put others down, judging and criticizing them. They may joke about them make fun of them, and bash them gratuitously.